- Retrofitting hulls, weapons, specials or armors gives inherent upgrades to every copy of that type. This contrasts with refitting a hull which applies is more akin to taking a weapon off a single ship and replacing it with a better weapon on that ship.
- Retrofit Lab requires a Naval Lab Level 7 in order to be built.
- Retrofit Lab can be upgraded to level 5.
- Retrofit Lab Level 5 gives access to any level 5 retrofits, retrofit Lab Level 4 gives access to any level 4 retrofits, etc.
- The related blueprint is also required before the retrofit research is available.
- Only blueprints are retrofittable. For example, the Hammerhead A, Hammerhead B & Battle Barge A are all retrofittable. However, the Hammerhead and Battle Barge researched in the naval lab are not retrofittable.
- Hull retrofit time increases according to the number of hulls of that type actually built. However, retrofitting weapons, specials, armors or tactical modules is only 1 day each at least for all R1 retrofits.
- Hull retrofits are designed for mid to high level players, 35 and higher. Kixeye designed the other retrofits for players level 55 and higher. The uranium cost is a surmountable barrier to low and mid level players.
|Time||10h 33m 36s||1 day 7 hours 21 min||
2d 9h 21min 57s
|4d 2h 23m 15s||5d 19h 8m 53s|
|Time With Officer||3d 16h 32m 55s||5d 5h 13m 59s|
|Old Time||4d 9h|
|5d 7h||5d 20h|
|Old Time With Officer||4d 8h|
|Requirements||Level 7 Naval Lab||Level 4 Outpost||Level 5 Outpost||Level 5 Outpost||Level 5 Outpost|
In March of 2014, many of the builds and research times have significantly decreased. The old build times can help you estimate the new build times. Resource requirements remain the same.
- Please keep all discussion concerning the update for 12 Sep 2013 here. Update Notes
Kixeye has launched the new research building Retrofit Lab. Do you likes the building?