Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers.
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|BUILDING DESCRIPTION||A water-based lab used to research retrofitted hulls.|
|EFFECTS OF UPGRADE||Unlock access to new items.|
|<< Prev||( T ) • ( C )||Next >>|
|TIME||10h 33m 36s||1 day 7 hours 21 min||
2d 9h 21min 57s
|4d 2h 23m 15s||5d 19h 8m 53s|
|TIME WITH OFFICER||???||???||???||3d 16h 32m 55s||5d 5h 13m 59s|
|OLD TIME||4d 9h|
|5d 7h||5d 20h|
|OLD TIME WITH OFFICER||???||4d 8h|
|REQUIREMENTS||Level 7 Naval Lab||Level 4 Outpost||Level 5 Outpost||Level 5 Outpost||Level 5 Outpost|
- Used to upgrade existing Forsaken hulls with new abilities.
- As of Sep 2013, only certain blue print-hulls can be upgraded this way.
- Retrofitting hulls, weapons, specials or armors gives inherent upgrades to every copy of that type.
- This contrasts with refitting a hull which applies is more akin to taking a weapon off a single ship and replacing it with a better weapon on that ship.
- The Retrofit Lab requires a Naval Lab Level 7 in order to be built.
- The Retrofit Lab can be upgraded to level 5.
- The Level 5 Retrofit Lab gives access to any level 5 retrofits, Level 4 Retrofit Lab gives access to any level 4 retrofits, etc.
- The related blueprint is also required before the retrofit research is available.
- Only blueprints are retrofittable. For example, the Hammerhead A, Hammerhead B & Battle Barge A are all retrofittable. However, the Hammerhead and Battle Barge researched in the Naval Lab are not retrofittable.
- Hull retrofit time increases according to the number of hulls of that type actually built. However, retrofitting weapons, specials, armors or tactical modules is only 1 day each at least for all R1 retrofits.
- Hull retrofits are designed for mid to high level players (approx. L40 and higher).
- Kixeye designed the other retrofits for players level 55 and higher.
- The uranium cost is a tough barrier to low and mid level players.
- In March of 2014, many of the builds and research times have significantly decreased.
- The old build times can help you estimate the new build times.
- Resource requirements remain the same.
|“||Insert text here, without quotes.||”|
|— In-Game Description|
- I thought the Retrofit lab was suppose to allow players with older hulls an opportunity to make them relevant again or at the very least, usable. How is it that the V2c, V2h and Kodiak already are available for retrofit?
That was the original intent, but since then the Retrofit Lab has expanded to be a more general “Upgrade Lab.” We discussed renaming it briefly, but decided against it to avoid any potential confusion.
Source: Kixeye - AMA Answers! - part I
- Introduction to Retrofit Lab - Kixeye Official Forum
Gallery - Animated
Maximum GIF size is 300px x 300px.
Images may have been resized to fit in the page. Click on an image to enlarge.