- There are a variety of options available to assist in defending your base. Ensure you constantly upgrade your weapons to the highest levels. Never stop upgrading your turret weapons and walls. Do not fall behind.
- You can build defense platforms on which you then mount base weapons and base specials.
- You can also build walls to absorb damage from ballistic weapons (and explosive weapons with level 5 and 6 walls).
- The best ways of building defense structures is to combine them in such a way that will cause the attacking fleet to waste more time overwhelming them.
- A common policy here is to encircle a defense platforms with walls (one terrain tile can host a tower in the middle and one wall layer circling the tower). A double wall can also be useful, though it will require more planning and placement actions, because one terrain tile won't be enough for it.
- However, with the miniaturization of the WHs and other buildings (the big 9/10/2014 game upgrade), double walls are easier to pull off (and since that Sept. 10 date, MANY players are redesigning and refactoring their bases)
- Walls are the obstruction between ballistic/explosive weapons and your buildings/defense platforms.
- They will not impede any other weapon (except assault torps cannot damage walls), and
- contrary to popular belief they do not stop splash damage but just gets flattened along with everything else within the impact area (Recently with level 6 walls, It does stop splash damage).
- Walls are placed individually and can be rotated to either be flush with other walls, or kept as individual pillars.
- The main objective of Walls is to prevent damage from ballistic/explosive weapons.
- Wall construction and upgrade does not require a builder; you can build a defense platform (or any other building) and simultaneously build and/or upgrade walls.
- A wall takes 4 seconds to build, several walls can be built the same time, just like terrain.
- Walls are zynthium heavy, so be sure to have it stockpiled before starting some wall building/wall upgrading campaigns.
- Level 5 walls were new, added July 2013, and take 2.2M zynthium to build! It adds 33% defense to wall pieces and increases the wall hitpoint.
- Level 6 walls were added Nov. 2013 and takes 4.4M zyn to build. They do stop splash damage and have 33% explosive defense and more hitpoints.
Outpost 2, Steel 2
|3||2250||Outpost 3, Titanium 3||4S||2,857||8,457||7,543||92,857|
|4||6750||Outpost 4, Depleted Uranium 4||4S||11,429||33,829||30,171||185,714|
|Outpost 5, Abalative panels III||4S||137,143||405,943||362,057||2,228,571|
+33% explosive defense
Will Block splash
|Outpost 5, Abalative panels III||4S||685,714||2,029,714||1,810,286||4,457,143|
Base weapon (turrets) are mounted on stationary defense platforms. The higher the level of the platform, the better the armor the longer it will survive an attack. Starting at level 3 platforms they can also accept Base Specials. A Level 4 (L4) platform is also called by some a "DU4 Platform" as you need to have already researched Depleted Uranium 4 armor to build it.
You start out building Defense Platforms level 1. Higher level Defense Platforms are aqcuired by upgrading a lower level one.
Turrets were given a massive upgrade on 9/10/2014 allowing additional armor reinforcement to be added to them, up to 22,000 extra armor (!) with the highest grade Depleted Uranium (also new research to do there in the Naval Lab). The most massive arrmor protexction for turrets is DU 3 which adds 22,000 protection. DU 3 takes 64 hrs. to research in your Naval Lab; DU 2 takes 21 hrs. to build on your turret and gives the turret 17,000 extra protection. (More updates later as these all come into play.)
Depleted Uranium 4
|Time||22s||7m 50s||3h 19m 45s||1d 3h 57m 54s|
These are the weapons you can place as turrets on your defense platforms to defend your base against attacks by other players. Most of them can be researched in your Weapons Lab, but a few can only be obtained as Blueprints.
Short Range WeaponsEdit
These base weapons are designed to rapidly deal large amounts of damage to ships that get close. They force most fleets to slow down and destroy them from range before proceeding.
Howitzer CannonEditMid-range, large-caliber, anti-ship ballistic cannon. Howitzers are ballistic base anti-ship weapons that fire at a fast rate. There are four levels of howitzers; each level has higher damage, range and firing speed than the previous. Layered Armor protects attacking fleets against howitzers. These are hard-hitting but short range weapons and when not protected by other longer range weapons can easily be destroyed by attackers from a safe distance. Peacemaker mortars, seige mortars (draconian tech), assault mortars (draconian tech) and shockwave mortars (draconian tech) can avoid this weapon when attacking bases.
The Depleted uranium shells 3 blueprint special increases the offensive capabilities of Howitzer Cannons with a 40% boost to accuracy and a whopping 50% boost to damage.
|Howitzer Cannon||Level I||Level II||Level III||Level IV|
|D * A / RT||18.9||49.1||142.8||394.24|
|Research Time||-||1h 31m||13h 46m||4d 15h 32m|
|Requirements||Weapon Lab 2||
Weapon Lab 4
Weapon Lab 6
|Build Time||20s||9m 0s||1h 14m||12h 23m|
Cerberus RocketsEditAvailable since April 2012, the Cerberus Rockets do splash damage making them good against stacked ships. Slide Loader is the only base special that enhances the offensive capabilities of Cerberus Rockets. Currently, there is no special to increase the range of Cerberus Rockets. Cerbs L4 are quite deadly to all ships of all classes.
A new Gargoyle turret was introduced in the weekly misisons in Aug. 2014. Many higher level players aere swpping out their Cerb IV installs wiht this new anti-sub Gargoyle depth charge turret.
|Cerberus Rockets||Level I||Level II||Level III||Level IV|
|D / RT||33.3||92.3||285.7||800|
|Research Time||18m||2h 48m||1d 1h 18m||9d 11h 48m|
Weapon Lab 9
CR I II III
Weapon Lab 10
|Build Time||36s||16m||2h 48m 45s||1d 1h 18m 45s|
Long Range WeaponsEdit
These Weapons have a long range to target ships attempting to destroy a base from a distance. They force most fleets to speed up so as to close with them quickly.
Sentinel MissilesEditLong-range, heat seaking missiles. The Level V Sentinel requires a blueprint to build.
|Sentinel Missile||Level I||Level II||Level III||Level IV||Level V|
|D * A / RT||19.2||41.2||85.2||171||208 + 20.8 (Ballistic)|
Weapons Lab 2
Rapier Missiles I
|Weapons Lab 4||Weapons Lab 6||Weapons Lab 8||-|
|Research Time||20m||3h 07m||1d 4h 7h||10d 13h 7m||-|
|Build Time||40s||18m||2h 48m||1d 1h 18m||6d 1h 13m 20s|
Victory MortarEditPowerful long-ranged mortar, excellent for destroying large armadas. Victory mortars are explosive mortar shells good for near the heart of your base, where it has more coverable range on water. Currently, Slide Loader is the only special that enhances the offensive capability of the Victory Mortar.
The weapon's drawbacks include the mortar's inability to hit fast moving targets (speed 18 or higher) and that the Mortars can be shot down by Hailstorms or Hellstorm on ships.
|Victory Mortar||Level I||Level II||Level III||Level IV|
|D / RT||25||60||150||300|
|Research Time||20m 50s||3h 7m 30s||1d 4h 7m 20s||10d 13h 07m|
Rapier Missiles I
Diplomat Mortar I
Peacemaker Mortar I
Weapon Lab 5
Vic Mortar I
Weapon Lab 7
Vic Mortar II
Weapons Lab 9
Vic Mortar III
|Build Time||36s||18m 45s||2h 48m 45s||1d 1h 18m 45s|
Halo MissileEditLong Range defense missile that splits into multiple warheads to blanket an area with splash damage. This Base Weapon requires a blueprint to build.
Compared to the VM 4 it has superior minimal and maximal range and splash radius . The drawback compared to the VM4 is that the Halo has somewhat worse spread (even though the splash highly compensates for this) and worse D/RT (if we don't count resistances).
Phalanx anti-missile can shoot down some of the Halo warheads before they land.
|D / RT||
|Pre required researches to build||None|
The Arc Missile Turret is a smaller and more compact version of the Halo Missile. Just like the Halo Missile, Arc Missiles will benefit from Scramjet Engines. This Base Weapon requires a blueprint to build.
|Arc Missile III||Stats|
Drac Hunt 3 - Prize Tier 3
|Build Time||4d 12h|
Javelin RailgunEditThis Base Weapon requires a blueprint to build. First released during the Drac Hunt 3 raid in April 2013. Players required tier 5 to achieve this monster of base defences.
It is a slow shooting very long range, upgraded version of the Howitzer. The Rail Gun is a slow firing cannon that uses charged particles to shoot projectiles at high speed towards invading ships. With super high range and damage but slow reload times, this could be just the weapon to defend against those annoying fleets. Capable of inflicting damage across almost the entire base area, this weapon can sit safely in the middle of a base -- combined with Depleted Uranium shells, it makes a lethal (and unavoidable!) guardian to your front door.
|D / RT||162|
|Type||Ballistic with added missile damage|
|Pre required researches to build||Unknown|
|Build Time||9 d 21h 36m|
refer to Disruptor Cannon
refer to Vulture_Missiles
These weapons attempt to intercept incoming fire so as to reduce the damage taken from attacking ships.
Flak GunEditAnti-missile, anti-rocket defense cannon used to shoot down missile and rocket barrages fired by enemy ships.
The Flak Gun shoots yellow defensive lasers at enemy missiles and rockets. Currently, only the Barrage Rack special increases the Flak Gun's capabilities.
|Flak Gun||Level I||Level II||Level III||Level IV|
|Research Time||15m||19h 14m||7d 5h 8m|
Weapon Lab 3
Rapier Missiles I
|Weapon Lab 6||Weapon Lab 8||Weapon Lab 10|
|Build Time||36s||12m||2h 8m|
Bombard RocketsEditAnti-mortar defense cannon used to shoot down mortar shells from enemy ships. Each higher level of defense weapon fires more salvo's with greater accuracy. Multiple Bombard Rockets will still only fire one shot against each incoming Mortar shell.
Currently, Enhanced Propulsion is the only special that increase the offensive capabilities of Bombard Rockets.
|Bombard Rockets||Level I||Level II||Level III||Level IV|
|Research Time||2h 22m||19h 14 m||7d 5h 08m|
|Research Requirements||Weapon Lab||Weapon Lab||Weapon Lab 8||
Weapon Lab 10
|Build Time||36s||12m||1h55m||19h 14m 15s|