Administrators (or "admins" or "sysop") are trusted users, who are generally chosen by the community and also have access to the following tools:
- they have all privileges from the chat moderator and rollback groups and also have the ability to:
- delete and undelete pages, as well as delete images or files (it is not possible to undelete images or files).
- lock (protect) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without adminship privileges.
- block users who are vandalising the wiki from editing.
- grant and revoke chat moderator rights.
- edit the wiki's skin and format.
- edit MediaWiki pages.
For more details, see the Help:Administrators' how-to guide .
The state of being an administrator is also referred to as "adminship". Being an administrator makes "ADMIN" appear next to a user's name on their userpage.